Zesty Salmon Fritters
This Zesty Salmon Fritters make a perfect lunch with a side salad. Flaky salmon and lemon make these fritters practically sing.
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 15-oz can pink salmon, skin and bones removed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl whisk egg yolks together until light and thickened. Add salmon, flour, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and parsley to bowl and mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold into the salmon mixture.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet to 350ºF. Drop in tablespoons of the salmon mixture and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Serve.
Serve these fritters with cocktail sauce or even a lemon aioli. We opted to use canned salmon for these fritters but you can always use fresh salmon as well.