Zesty Black Bean Pasta Salad
So much flavor in one bowl! Bright lime mingles with smoky cumin, peppery red onion, and sweet corn to make a side that won't leave leftovers.
- 1 lb rotini
- 3/4 lb tomatoes, chopped (About 2 large tomatoes, or 5 roma)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 5 tbs olive oil
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Cook the pasta to al dente.
- Meanwhile, toss together the tomatoes, red onion, beans, and corn.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the lime juice, hot sauce, and cumin. Pour in olive oil, whisking constantly, to get a dressing.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain it and toss it in with the vegetables.
- Pour the dressing over it all, top with the green onions, and toss again.
- This can be serve right away, but some say it's even better after resting. It's perfect to take to cookouts, potlucks, or to whip up as a quick meal.