Zapp's Kettle Chip Crusted Baked Chicken
This baked chicken has all the crunch of fried chicken and a unique flavor twist thanks to the legendarily tasty Zapp's kettle chips.
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 10 oz Zapp's kettle style potato chips (We were going to try recommending only one flavor, but just couldn't pick a favorite!)
- Slice the chicken breasts in half, like how you'd slice a loaf of bread in half to make a sandwich. Lightly pound the chicken to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Add chicken, then cover and chill for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crush the Zapp's into small flakes, and transfer to a wide plate or pie pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 F and place an oven safe wire rack on top of a foil lined cookie sheet or sheet pan.
- Working with one piece at a time, remove the chicken from the buttermilk and egg mix, letting the excess drip off. Coat the chicken in chip crumbs, then lay on the wire rack on the baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.