This creamy soup made with kale, sausage, and potatoes will bring the warmth of Tuscany to your kitchen, no matter the season.
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped (Check out our handy how-to video)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh oregano (Or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 red potatoes, sliced thin
- 6 cups broth
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped (About 3 cups worth)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Heat large pot over medium heat then cook sausage, breaking it into small chunks. Drain excess fat.
Add onion and garlic, then cook until they begin to brown, 5-7 minutes. Add oregano and red pepper flakes, as well as salt and pepper, if desired.
Stir in potatoes and broth (add more if the potatoes aren't submerged) and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and let cook until the potatoes are almost tender, about 20-30 minutes.
Stir in kale and cook for 5-10 minutes to let if soften, then stir in heavy cream and cook for 5 minutes.
Serve warm, with crunchy garlic bread and parmesan shavings, and enjoy!