Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
This white chili is made in an electric pressure cooker, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe. Simply chop, add everything into the pressure cooker, and leave it to cook!
- 2-3 chicken breasts depending on size
- 15 oz can Navy beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can Cannelini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño deseeded and chopped
- 15 oz can hominy rinsed and drained
- 10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis (with their juice)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 tsp chili powder or to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Green onion for garnish
- Tortilla chips or corn bread to serve
In your electric pressure cooker add the whole chicken breasts, beans, onion, jalapeno, hominy, diced tomatoes with green chilies, and chicken broth. Add in the chili powder, cumin, and chipotle powder and stir to combine, making sure some liquid is underneath the chicken to prevent it from burning.
Add the cream cheese in 6 pieces and place over the top of the chili mixture. Cover and seal the lid, making sure the valve is to the “sealing” position and cook on manual high pressure for 20 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then using a spoon, switch the valve to the venting position and let steam escape before opening lid.
Remove the chicken from the mixture and shred with two forks. Add the chicken back to the pot and stir everything together. Serve and garnish with cheese, cilantro, green onion, and either tortilla chips or a slice of fresh cornbread.