Witch Finger Cookies
These creepy crawly Witch Finger Cookies are so spooky and delicious! Serve them with almond fingernails for that extra touch.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 24 whole almonds
- red decorating gel
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF and spray two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, powdered sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt until a dough forms. Place in the fridge to chill 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces and roll each piece into a long finger shape, adding little lines. Press an almond onto the tip of the finger to make a nail. Place on cookie sheets.
- Bake until slightly golden, about 22 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for 3 minutes. Remove the almond from the cookie and squeeze the red decorating gel in its cavity. Replace the almond and press down slightly to make the gel ooze. Let cool completely.
We also added a tiny bit of the decorating gel at the base of the finger. If the dough seems to thin, shape the fingers with floured hands.