White Bean Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes
High in protein and packed with flavor, this meal-worthy salad is perfect for make-ahead lunches or as a side dish at pot lucks.
White Bean Salad
- 2 cans white beans, 15 oz each (We like Great Northern, Cannellini, or Navy)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1 tbs capers
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup olive oil (Or use some of the oil the tomatoes were packed in)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs oregano, fresh (Or 2 tsp dried)
- As desired, slice the sun dried tomatoes and olives. Rinse the capers to remove excess saltiness.
- Toss all the salad ingredients except the parsley in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl or measuring cup, stir together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, and oregano. While whisking constantly, pour in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour the dressing over the bean salad, sprinkle on the parsley, then toss again.
- To give the flavors a chance to harmonize, it's best to let it rest at room temperature for 20 minutes before digging in. Or better yet, refrigerate it overnight.