Walnut Pesto Caprese Salad
This Walnut Pesto Caprese Salad is a flavorful and decidedly not boring lunch that can be assembled in a snap for busy weekday mornings.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp romano cheese
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry tomatos, halved
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the pesto, mince basil leaves, walnuts, and garlic in a food processor until finely combined.
- Slowly add olive oil, allowing the mixture to become smooth in texture.
- Process slowly while adding the Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Store in sealed jar in refrigerator.
- Layer romaine lettuce, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil, and pesto in lunch container .
- Drizzle with olive oil, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Pack a hunk of thick French bread in your lunch to sop up the flavors when your salad is all gone. You won't want those delicious bites to go to waste!