Venison Taco Soup
Make lunch hearty with our Venison Taco Soup made with beans, corn, tomatoes, chilies, and a small touch of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 4-oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 1.25-oz package taco seasoning
- hot sauce to taste
- tortilla chips
- chopped cilantro
- In a large dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the oil and cook the venison and onion until the venison is browned. Add in the cannellini beans, black beans, tomato paste, water, green chilis, and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer soup for 45 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve with hot sauce, tortilla chips and chopped cilantro.
You can always substitute half ground beef, half ground venison in this recipe. We love serving this as a game-day meal.