Venison Beer Chili
This slow cooked venison chili gets its tang from a bit of beer! This chili is made in the slow cooker, giving this chili ample time to simmer.
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil divided
- 1 lb. ground venison
- 1 lb. mild sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 15oz can kidney beans drained
- 1 15oz can black beans drained
- 2 15oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 12oz bottle of pilsner-style beer
- In large skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat. Add venison and sausage and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle. Remove from pan and place into slow cooker.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and add onion, jalapeño, and garlic cloves. Cook 3 minutes and add chili powder, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Cook for another 3 minutes to toast spices. Add to slow cooker.
- To slow cooker, add kidney beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, salt, and the beer. Stir to combine. Set to low and cook for 8-10 hours.
Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and a side of crackers. If long slow cooking ain't your thing, bump the slow cooker up to high and cook 4-6 hours.