Twice Baked Potato Bites
This crowd pleasing potato skin is easy to whip up, especially in large batches, and brings a burst of flavors to the appetizer table.
- 20 small red potatoes (About 2 lbs)
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- sour cream
- Chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Toss potatoes in oil, as well as salt and pepper, if desired. Lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool until comfortable to handle. Lower oven temperature to 400 F.
- Cut each potato in half. Slice small section off the rounded side so that the potatoes will sit without rocking. Scoop out some of the inside of each potato and transfer the insides to a mixing bowl.
- Add cheese, bacon, and butter to the mixing bowl with the potato insides. Stir to mix.
- Scoop the mixture back into the potatoes, dividing it equally between each potato half. Return potatoes to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, to melt the cheese and crisp up the outside.
- Remove from oven, top with sour cream and chives, and enjoy!