The Coffee Lover’s Banana Cake
Lisa, one of our readers from Florida, submitted this delicious Banana Cake recipe for us to try. The secret: brewed coffee!
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mash bananas. Whisk in melted butter, sugar, brewed coffee and eggs until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Pour into the loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
This banana cake can be dairy-free if you substitute the butter for canola oil. Remove the cake from the loaf pan before cooled completely to prevent the cake from getting stuck.