Texas Trash Dip
This creamy, cheesy bean dip alongside crunchy tortilla chips is perfect for potlucks, especially when you want the dish to come home licked clean.
- 32 oz refried beans
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 jalapeños, small dice (Sub for canned green chilies, if desired)
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk together beans, cream cheese, sour cream, seasoning mix, jalapeños, and 2 cups of cheese until smooth. It can be a bit rough on the arm, so we recommend a stand mixer or hand mixer if you have one.
- Spread the mix into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese, then bake until cheese has melted and it begins to bubble slightly, about 25 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Make it "loaded" by adding corn, black olives, more chilies, or anything your heart desires! Can be prepared a day ahead, then baked when needed.