This Texas Pasta Bake is everything you love about Texas in a pasta! Spicy ground beef mixes with tomatoes, peppers, and cheese.
- 1 box bow tie pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to packaging.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook the beef and cumin until no longer pink. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the beef from the pan and drain.
- To the skillet add the butter and heat over medium. Add the mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, and onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook 1 minute more. Whisk in the enchilada sauce and chicken sauce and cook until thickened, about 5-8 minutes. Bring heat down to low and stir in the cheese. Stir in the beef and pasta and heat over low until heated through. Serve.
Italian sausage would work well in this recipe as well. Make sure to season the meat and sauce with salt and pepper to taste.