Taco Pop Tarts
Make your own taco pop tarts with pre-made pie dough and a few simple ingredients. These tarts are the perfect school lunch!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 uncooked pie crusts
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook ground beef, onion, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Cook until meat is browned and drain fat. Stir in salsa and set aside.
- Lay out pie crust on a floured surface and using a circle cookie cutter or a large drinking glass, cut circles of the pie down, re-rolling scraps.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons of meat mixture onto pie cut out. Add a sprinkling of cheese. Fold circle in half and press down dough to secure. Repeat with remaining dough and meat mixture.
- Cook pop tarts on the prepared pans until crust is golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Serve with a side of salsa.
Make a whole batch and freeze for later. You can let them defrost in the fridge or bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. You can substitute ground turkey or chicken in place of the beef.