Sweet Potato Gnocchi
This Sweet Potato Gnocchi isn't as complicated as it looks! All you need is some leftover sweet potatoes and you are good to go!
- 3 cups pureed sweet potato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp sage
- fresh cracked black pepper
- In a bowl mix together the sweet potato, garlic, salt, nutmeg, and egg. Add in the flour a little at a time until a dough forms, making sure not to over knead.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface into large snakes and cut into 1-inch sections. Drop the pieces into the boiling water and let cook until they float to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- While the gnocchi cooks, prepare a skillet with the butter and sage. Let melt and warm. Add in the gnocchi once cooked and toss to coat. Let brown a little before serving.
The art of gnocchi is to barely knead the dough, otherwise the dumplings will be rubbery. Add Parmesan cheese if desired.