Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans and Marshmallows
Bring these richly smooth sweet potatoes with crunchy pecans and gooey marshmallows to win your next sit-down dinner.
- 5 red skinned sweet potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 5 tbs butter, melted
- 3 tbs pure maple syrup
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pecan, halves
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Scrub sweet potatoes and bake or boil until tender. Let cool, then peel and mash or purée.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, butter, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and salt.
- Add sweet potatoes to egg mixture. When combined, transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Make topping by combining brown sugar, chopped pecans, and butter. Set aside.
- Bake until mixture is set and topping begins to bubble, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with pecan halves and marshmallows. Bake until marshmallows begin to brown, about 10 minutes.