Strawberry Glazed Pork Ribs
Grab some in-season strawberries, fire up the grill, and prepare yourself for a treat with these sweet, spicy, tangy strawberry glazed pork ribs.
- 1 slab pork ribs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tbs paprika
- 2 tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp black pepper
Strawberry BBQ Sauce
- 2 lbs strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and halved
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs ketchup
Strawberry BBQ Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and jalapeño, then cook until they begin to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberries and water, then continue to cook until the water is reduced by half, letting the strawberries begin to break down during this process. Stir in the remaining ingredients then turn the heat to low or medium low. Let this cook for about 30 minutes to strawberries break down more completely.
- Remove from heat. If desired, blend with an immersion blender or in batches with a normal blender.
- Preheat your grill or oven to about 300 F.
- Combine the white sugar, paprika, brown sugar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and black pepper in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the ribs by removing the membrane and trimming excess fat. Lay the ribs on a sheet of foil.
- Liberally coat the ribs with the rub, then seal tightly in foil, using multiple sheets as needed to ensure there won't be leaks.
- If grilling, place meat over indirect heat. Cook with the meaty-side up and cook for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the meat is fall-off-the-bone tender.
- Remove foil and begin glazing with the BBQ sauce. Liberally brush one side with the sauce, then cook about 7-10 minutes. Flip and baste the other. Repeat until each side has been glazed twice.
- Serve warm and with plenty of napkins!