Champagne is great on its own, but have you ever had it in a cocktail? Our Strawberries 'n' Cream Bubbly cocktail is a yummy combination of sweet strawberries and cream, making this cocktail recipe perfect for Baby Shower brunches or BBQs.
If you've always wondered why those fancy cocktails taste so delicious, the answer is simple: a fresh fruit syrup. Making a simple syrup is a snap and the strawberry flavor mixed with cream soda in this champagne cocktail is one that everyone will love. Not too tart and not too sweet, we used dry champagne to bring out the strawberry flavor. And the butter on the sprinkle rim? It's a best-kept secret - just see how easily the sprinkles stayed on the rim!
How to Make a Strawberries 'n' Cream Bubbly Cocktail
First, make the strawberry simple syrup. You can use frozen strawberries or fresh, it is completely up to you. All you have to do is combine the berries with sugar and water and let the mixture simmer until syrupy. Remove from the heat and strain out the strawberries (nobody likes seeds in their drinks!) into a clean jar. This method also works for any other berry simple syrup, like blueberries and raspberries.
Now is time to prepare the decorative rim on the glasses. Melt butter in a small bowl and dip the rims in the melted butter then dip into a plate of sprinkles.
To make the cocktails place 1 oz of vodka and 1 oz of cream soda in the decorated glasses and top with champagne, serving immediately. If you want to make this cocktail alcohol-free, try substituting sprite for the champagne and vodka.
You can also make this drink in a pitcher or a punch bowl if you are making these for a crowd. Add slices of strawberries for garnish.
Strawberries 'n' Cream Bubbly
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 bottle dry champagne
- 4 oz vodka
- 4 oz cream soda
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Gold and/or silver sprinkles for rim
- Strawberries, sliced for garnish
- In a small saucepan, add the strawberries, water, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain strawberries. Cool strawberry syrup and store in mason jar or other air-tight container.
- Pour melted butter into small bowl big enough to fit the lip of the champagne glass. Add sprinkles to a plate. Dip the rim of the champagne glass in the butter, then in the sprinkles. Repeat for all glasses.
- Add 1 ounce of vodka (see Recipe Notes), followed by 1 ounce of cream soda. Add two ounces of homemade strawberry syrup.
- Fill the rest of the glass with champagne to top. Add strawberry slice to drink or to the rim. Cheers!