Stout Beer Brownies
These Stout Beer Brownies are full of chocolate and that deep rich flavor you can only get from stout beer. Try not to eat the whole pan, I dare you!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup stout beer
- 1 cup dark chocolate chip
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray a 9x9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside. In a separate medium bowl whisk together sugars, eggs, canola oil, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk to combine.
- Add melted butter beer, and chocolate chips and mix just until combined. Do not over mix otherwise brownies will be more cakey than fudgey.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the brownies are slightly firm but still fudgey, about 30 minutes.
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar.
Some stout beers that would be great in this recipe are Guinness, Barrel-Aged Legion from Community Beer Company, and Black Metal Imperial Stout from Jester King Brewery. To get dense, fudgey brownies, err on the side of under baking to make sure your brownies are oh, so, fudgey.