St. Louis Toasted Ravioli
Take me to St. Louis where instead of boiling their ravioli, they bread and fry them into crunchy golden nuggets of goodness.
- 25 oz premade ravioli, still frozen (Grab some with a seasoned beef filling to be the most authentic!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk or half and half
- 1 cup flour (Or more, as needed)
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (Or more, as needed)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Preheat your oil to about 350 in a deep fryer or heat about 2 inches oil over medium.
- Prepare your assembly line. Put the flour in a wide, shallow bowl with any salt, pepper, or other desired seasonings. In another bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. And to a final bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the frozen ravioli in the flour, then egg wash, then the breadcrumbs, making sure to shake off excess while coating. Set them aside on a plate until all have been breaded. Frozen ravioli stick better to the flour, but you can use thawed if you prefer.
- Working in small batches so they don't stick together, fry until golden brown and warmed through, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels until all have been cooked.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan and with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.