Spider Web Cinnamon Candy Apples
Here are step-by-step instructions to create these traditional and festive Halloween cinnamon candy apple treats.
- 8 apples
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tbs cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp food coloring
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon oil optional
- Halloween sprinkles
- Candy thermometer
- Prepare baking sheet by covering with lightly greased parchment paper. Set aside.
- Wash and dry apples thoroughly. The candy won't stick to wet or waxy apples.
- De-stem the apples. Push popsicle sticks into apples. Lift each one up to test the grip.
- Combine sugar, water, corn syrup, and cinnamon in medium-size sauce pan and attach candy thermometer, making sure it isn't touching the bottom of the pan. Heat at medium-high until the sugar dissolves, then raise the heat to bring mixture to a boil.
- Use candy thermometer to determine when the mixture has raised to 302 F (the hard crack stage). This could take about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from burner, and stir in food coloring and cinnamon oil. Begin dipping the apples once the bubbles have subsided.
- Dip apples once (more than once will make them too hard), swirling until completely covered. Hold above sauce pan for a few seconds before setting on baking sheet to let excess drip off.
- While the apples are still warm, sprinkle on Halloween jimmies.
This recipe is for hard candy apples. They make a wonderful crunch when you bite in, and they package well for gifts, but if you're interested in a softer candy apple, warm the candy mix to 270 F instead.