Spicy Turkey Posole
Spicy Turkey Posole, a Mexican classic, gets its flavor from tender shredded turkey, fresh poblano chilies and a bit of hominy.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups turkey broth
- 3 cups cubed turkey
- 1 4-oz can diced green chili peppers
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15-oz cans hominy, drained
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add oil and heat over medium heat. Add onions and poblano chilies and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and oregano and cook 1 minute more.
- To the pot add the broth, cooked turkey, chili peppers, beans, and hominy. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
Serve this soup with fresh sliced radish, avocado, and cabbage. If you cannot find turkey stock, use chicken instead.