Spicy Cilantro Lime Shrimp
These bright and tangy shrimp are versatile beasties—they're wonderful alone as appetizers, outstanding on tacos, salads, or some fresh rice with avocado.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes, zest one and juice both
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the shrimp with the cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium with the oil. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute before adding the lime zest and juice. Add the shrimp and let cook undisturbed until pink on one side, then flip on to cook the other side. About 2 minutes on the first side, 1 minute on the other. Turn off heat and stir in cilantro.
- Optional sauce: Stir in 3 tbs butter and let melt. This silky sauce makes the shrimp irresistible as appetizers or can be used as a salad dressing ingredient.
Toss these on a guacamole salad and be prepared to wish you had an avocado tree.