Spicy Cheeseburger Dip
This amazing jalapeño cheese burger dip is perfect for entertaining with it's cheddary goodness, mozzarella stretchiness, and bacon crispiness.
- 10 slices bacon, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapeños,diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbs ketchup
- 3 tbs mustard
- 2 tbs pickle juice
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate, keeping the drippings in the skillet.
- Sauté onions and jalapeños to lightly soften, only about 2 minutes. Add the beef, cumin, salt, and pepper then cook through. Add the garlic during the last minute of cooking. Remove from heat and drain the fat.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, ketchup, mustard, pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce, and half of the cheeses.
- Once cool enough to handle, add the beef to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish (a 9 x 13 or a large cast iron should do the trick). Top with the remaining cheese then cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes with the foil, then 10 minutes without.
- Top with crispy bacon and green onions, serve warm with chips or crusty bread.