Southwestern Veggie Frittata
Start off your morning with this Southwestern Veggie Frittata made with peppers, onions, broccoli and a bit of southwestern spice.
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 can diced green chilies
- parsley to garnish
- Preheat your broiler to low.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs and milk. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large cast iron skillet, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high. Add in the red bell pepper, jalapeño, onion and broccoli and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the green chilies and cook 1 minute longer.
- Pour in the egg mixture and reduce the heat to medium-low. Once bubbling, place in the broiler and cook until eggs are set. Remove from broiler and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
You can serve this frittata with hot sauce if desired. This will become a new breakfast favorite!