Southwestern Chopped Salad
This Southwestern Chopped Salad combines the best of the Southwest in a bowl! Take this delicious lunch to work or school.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In large salad bowl add chopped romaine lettuce. Add corn, cherry tomatoes, and beans.
- In a blender add cilantro, garlic, and lime juice. Puree until smooth. Gradually pour in oil and blend. Toss with salad and serve.
Add an extra kick by adding half of a jalapeño to the dressing. Keep your lettuce crunchy by adding your dressing right before serving.