Southwestern Chicken Cordon Bleu
This Southwestern Chicken Cordon Bleu is the perfect twist of French and Southwestern cuisines. You'll eat the plate clean!
- 4 chicken cutlets, about 6 oz each, pounded into 1/4 inch thick steaks
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup breakcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place 1 slice of cheese and ham on top of each breast. Roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick.
- In a small pie dish combine salt, cumin, chili powder, paprika, black pepper, and breadcrumbs.
- In a small dish combine egg and milk.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture then in breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere. Repeat with remaining chicken and place into baking dish. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 30-35 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Make sure you remove the toothpicks before serving. Ouch! You can substitute the pepper jack cheese for something milder like swiss.