Southern Pecan Bread
Start off your morning with a big slice of Southern Pecan Bread spread with a bit of butter. Sounds delicious, doesn't it?
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, and oil until smooth. Pour into the dry mixture and stir until moistened. Fold in the pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool and serve.
Make sure not to over-mix this batter. Just until moistened will do! These taste great as a afternoon snack.