Want all the goodness of s'mores but stuck without of a fire pit? Whip up creamy chocolate pudding, add the right fixin's and you're good to go!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 tbs sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 graham cracker squares
- mini marshmallows
- Combine 1 1/2 cups milk, the sugar, and the cocoa powder in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer, working on medium or medium-high. Remove from heat if it threatens to boil.
- While that's heating, whisk together the remaining milk, cornstarch, and egg yolks.
- Once the milk is warmed through, pour about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the warm milk into the egg yolk mixture. Whisk briskly to raise the yolk's temperature without cooking the yolks.
- Pour the warmed yolks back into the milk, then return everything to the stove top and cook over medium-high, whisking constantly, until the mix comes to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, keep whisking, and cook another 2 to 3 minutes to let thicken up.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl, then cover and refrigerate until set, about 6 hours, but ideally overnight.
- Once the pudding has set, crumble the graham crackers. Depending on your container, but about 2 to 4 tbs crumbs at the bottom of your jar. Fill about half way with pudding, then sprinkle on another layer of graham crackers. Fill almost all the rest of the way with pudding, then top with marshmallows. Enjoy!