Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
These easy slow cooked stuffed peppers are impressive enough to be a main dish or can be easily served as colorful sides.
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef (Works great with venison too!)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes with chilis
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Warm a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat then cook beef with cumin until browned and crumbly, 5-7 minutes. Drain grease and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add rice, tomatoes, and Worcestershire sauce to mixing bowl with beef and stir to combine.
- Cut the top off each bell pepper and set aside. Deseed the peppers if desired. Fill each pepper with 1/6 meat and rice blend, then transfer to slow cooker. Place the tops back on the peppers.
- Pour water around the base of the bell peppers, then cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 - 7 1/2 hours. Top with cheese and cook 30 minutes more.
If you've got the extra time for chopping, cook 1/4 cup diced onion and 3-4 cloves garlic with the meat for more layers of flavor.