Slow Cooker Strawberry Butter
Apples don't need to have all the fun, fruit butter can be made with nearly everything, including delicious strawberries.
- 5 lbs strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice (About 1 good lemon's worth)
- Wash the strawberries and discard leaves and stems. Halve the berries, cutting the large ones into quarters to make them all roughly the same size.
- Combine all ingredients except the lemon juice in the slow cooker and stir to evenly mix.
- Cover, but slightly vent the slow cooler, then cook on low until the mixture has thickened and is spreadable. This could take 10-12 hours, be sure to stir every hour or so.
- Stir in the lemon juice and let cool with the lid off.
- Store in sealable containers and store in the fridge for a week to 10 days. It can be stored for a few months in the freezer.