Slow Cooker Rocky Road Candy
Taste why these candies are such a classic. What's not to love about gooey marshmallows, melty chocolate, and crunchy walnuts?
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- Add chocolate and nuts to the slow cooker, then cover and cook until chocolate melts. About 1 hour on low, or 15-30 minutes on high. But be sure to watch it if it's on high to prevent burning.
- Turn off the heat and stir in marshmallows. They'll start to melt a little and lose their shape, if you want them to stay whole, let the chocolate cool down for about 2 minutes before stirring in the marshmallows.
- Transfer rounded spoonfuls of the mixture to a parchment lined baking sheet, then set aside to let cool and harden.
Not only is this a great way to use up extra marshmallows, this delicious morsel has international appeal! To make it more like its British cousins, add some crumbled cookies. Or to take it down under, sprinkle on some dried coconut and add candied cherries like our Aussie friends.