Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
These slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches are the definition of 'set it and forget it', and make packing a delicious lunch easier every morning.
- 4 lb pork shoulder roast Also known as a Boston butt
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pkg sesame buns
- 3 cups coleslaw 1/4 cup used per sandwich
- Lay sliced onions in bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Rub brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt over pork shoulder roast. Lay on top of onions in slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth and apple cider vinegar over roast and onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until meat comes away easily with a fork.
- Transfer to a cutting board and shred using the two-fork method.
- To build sandwich, layer cooked onions, pulled pork, and coleslaw on sesame bun. Wrap in parchment paper for easy transportation.