Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Nothing is better than a Slow Cooker Pot Roast during the weekend! This comfort food classic is so easy to make in the slow cooker.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, largely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 3-lb boneless beef chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- In a slow cooker add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, beef, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW until meat is tender, about 7-8 hours.
- Once meat is tender move meat to a serving platter. Strain liquid in slow cooker and reserve vegetables. Skim the fat from the liquid with a fat skimmer.
- In a saucepan over medium-heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the juices and cook until thickened, about 4 minutes. Serve with roast.
Save your vegetables and serve them alongside your pot roast. This pot roast goes well with mashed potatoes.