Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Bars
Here at Wide Open Eats, we love slow cooker desserts! Try our Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Bars and serve them with a big scoop of ice cream.
- 1 recipe Vodka Pie Dough (link in notes)
- 2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line your slow cooker with parchment paper and press your pie dough on the bottom and the sides of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl mix together the pecans, eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Pour into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until the filling and pastry is set, about 3 1/2 hours. Turn off your slow cooker and let stand 1 hour.
- Remove the parchment paper from the slow cooker and chill 2 hours. Cut into bars and serve.
This Vodka Pie Crust is so fun to make! If you want your bars a bit more browned on top, preheat your broiler and broil 3-4 minutes until golden brown.