Slow Cooker Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Not much is beats breakfast in bed. Treat yourself by tossing some steal cut oat in your slow cooker and wake up to apple cinnamony goodness.
- 1 cup steel cut oats (Not instant or rolled oats—those cook a lot faster and turn to mush!)
- 3 1/2 cups milk (Can use any kind, including soy or almond)
- 1-2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, stirring to evenly distribute and help the sugar dissolve.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. If your slow cooker runs hot, set it to warm instead.
- Serve on it's own, or topped with garnishes like raisins, fresh fruit slices, or roasted nuts.
Don't be afraid to make a big batch! Leftovers freeze well and make great future breakfasts.