Slow Cooker Migas
Make this tomato and egg taco truck classic easily in the slow cooker and bring a little Texas to your home, great for breakfast and dinner too.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (About 4-5 stalks)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano (Or 1 tbs fresh)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cup broken tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to evenly mix. Cover and cook until the eggs are cooked through, on low 4 to 6 hours or high 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve with fresh tortillas, diced tomatoes, avocado, and of course more salsa, if desired.
These make for excellent self-serve breakfast tacos, or work well on a plate next to some rice and beans.