Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham
Croc pots were made for the holidays. Slow cook this spiced honey ham while the house fills with guests and the oven takes care of dessert.
- 8 lb spiral sliced ham
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- Make the glaze by heating the brown sugar, honey, mustard, ginger, clove, sage, pepper, cinnamon, and water in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat until it begins to simmer. Let cook up to 5 minutes.
- Prepare the 6-quart slow cooker by lightly greasing or by using a slow cooker liner if that's your jam. Transfer the ham to the slow cooker, and gently break apart the slices.
- Pour the glaze over the ham, trying to cover as much as you can, including between the slices.
- If the lid fits, you're golden. If not, you can make a lid with two large pieces of foil and a cooking towel. Tent the foil over the ham and tuck the edges along the sides of the ham. Place a towel over the foil to help trap the heat even further.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, basting every hour or so. When done, the ham should have an internal temperature of 140 F.