Slow Cooker Dulce de Leche
This wonderful one-ingredient caramel-like sauce has a delightfully complex flavor to contrast the hands-off cooking process.
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk (14 oz each)
- 3 half pint jars (Can't be taller than the crock pot)
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into the canning jars, trying to equally distribute.
- Tightly lid the jars then place in the crock pot. Fill the crock pot with water, ensuring the jars are submerged.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, refilling water as needed. Cooking it longer helps deepen the flavor, you can cook it for less time to get a lighter caramel.
- Let jars cool on counter completely before opening, then store in fridge. They last about 3-4 weeks, but will be gone long before that.