Forget the movie theater, upgrade your movie watching experience with this crunchy, chocolatey popcorn snack. Just add friends!
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 4 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil (coconut, canola, or something mild will work)
- Prepare a sheet pan by lining with parchment paper, ensuring there's enough space for the popcorn to lay in a mostly single layer.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large mixing bowl.
- Melt chocolate with the oil of your choice, either in a double boiler or the microwave.
- Add melted chocolate to the popcorn and toss to evenly distribute. This isn't enough to coat all the popcorn, it's more for getting some chocolatey flavor in every bite.
- Transfer popcorn to the prepared baking sheets to let dry at room temperature, which should take about 1 hour. Once the chocolate has hardened, enjoy! It keeps for up to 3 days in an airtight container, but it's better with good friends and good movies.