Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Candies
Skip the double boiler and candy thermometer, a slow cooker is all you need for this decadent chocolate and crunchy peanut candy.
- 48 oz dry roasted peanuts (Go half salted and half unsalted, or all unsalted)
- 24 oz bittersweet or semisweet baking chocolate (Can use chips or bars)
- 24 oz white almond bark (Check in the baking aisle, sometimes sold as "White Candy Bark" or "White Chocolate Bark")
- Layer the ingredients into a 4 quart slow cooker, starting with the peanuts on bottom and the bark on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, then stir the mixture until smooth. You'll smell the peanuts roasting and getting extra tasty.
- Drop 1 - 2 tablespoonfuls onto parchment or wax paper, then leave alone to let set about 45 minutes to 1 hour. If it's particularly humid, you may want to let them set in the fridge.