Slow Cooker Cherry Hazelnut Clusters
The tart but sweet cherries bring an refreshing brightness to the classic hazelnut and chocolate combo in these homemade truffles.
- 3 cups whole hazelnuts
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz bittersweet or unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 8 oz dried cherries, chopped if too large
- 10 oz almond bark, broken up
- 1/2 cup crushed hazelnuts (Optional, for sprinkling)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Shavings (Optional, for sprinkling)
- Place hazelnuts in the bottom of a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Over the nuts, place the chocolate and cherries in layers, with the almond bark on top.
- Lay either paper towels or a clean dishtowel over the top of the slow cooker, to prevent condensation drips as it cooks. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Stir to evenly blend and ensure all the chocolate has melted.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into mini muffin papers. While they're still wet, sprinkle on hazelnut pieces or chocolate shavings, if desired.