Slow Cooker Candied Almonds
These sweet and crunchy, slow roasted almonds coated in cinnamon sugar will give you the best smelling house in the neighborhood.
- 4 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tbs cinnamon (Optional)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup water
- Lightly grease the bowl of your slow cooker, then add the almonds.
- In a mixing bowl, combine both sugars, the cinnamon, and salt. Stir to evenly mix.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together vanilla and egg whites.
- Pour egg white mixture over the almonds and toss to coat.
- Add the sugar mixture to the almonds, and again, toss to coat.
- Cover and let cook on low for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in the water then cover and cook another 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare 1 or 2 baking sheets by lining with parchment paper. Once the almonds have finished, transfer them to the baking sheet, spreading them out to an even layer, leaving as few clumps as possible. Let them cool to harden, and enjoy!