Slow Cooker Boiled Peanuts
Everyone from the South knows that it's not summer 'til the boiled peanuts are here. Make a batch with your slow cooker and welcome your new favorite snack.
- 2 lbs raw green peanuts
- 1/2 cup salt
- 10 cups water
Some Optional Extra Spice
- 1 packet crab boil, boil in bag style (About 3 oz)
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed (Or sub for 1 1/2 tbs garlic powder)
- 2 tbs cajun seasoning (Or 2 fresh jalapeños, sliced)
- 1 tbs red pepper flakes
- Add the peanuts and your spices to the slow cooker. Pour the water over it all.
- Cover and cook on low for 20 to 24 hours. Check on it once or twice to see if you need to add more water.
- Drain, then serve warm or cold. They can even be frozen to keep once peanut season is over.
Raw dry peanuts would work as well, we just recommend soaking them in cool water overnight to rehydrate them before boiling.