Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
This rich and creamy beef dish is the perfect kind of easy gourmet that turns inexpensive ingredients into delicious meals with hardly any effort.
- 2 lbs beef stew meet, chunked or in strips (Don't splurge on expensive meat for this, even tough cuts will get tender)
- 6-8 oz white mushrooms
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup beef or vegetable broth
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried dill (Plus fresh for garnish, if desired)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- Egg noodles
- Add beef, mushrooms, onion, garlic, broth, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and dill to a 6 quart slow cooker. Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 - 9 hours.
- Cook the egg noodles to al dente per their package directions, then add to the slow cooker along with the sour cream and mustard. Stir then let cook another 15 minutes.
- Serve, garnished with fresh dill, and enjoy!