Slow Cooker Baked Apples
Like apple pie without the crust, but better! These oat, fruit, and nut stuffed apples come together in a cinch and the slow cooker does all the work.
- 6 medium apples
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tbs butter
- Cut the top off the apples and scoop out the cores, being careful not to pierce the bottom or sides.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients except the apple juice and butter.
- Stuff the oat mixture into the apples, then transfer the apples to the slow cooker. Cut the butter into chunks and place on top of the apples.
- Cover and cook until the apples are soft, about 2 to 3 hours on low.
- Serve topped with something tasty like ice cream and caramel sauce, and enjoy!
Curious about that caramel? Get a caramel sauce recipe here.