Slow Cooker Amaretto Poached Pears
These soft, fragrant, beautiful pears scream "decadent dessert" but are deceptively easy to make thanks to the slow cooker.
- 6 ripe pears, peeled (Bosc or Anjou work best)
- 1 cup amaretto
- 3 tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 orange, zested
- Optional: halve and core the pears. Cut the bottom off the pears so they'll sit nicely when served.
- Combine all ingredients in a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker, laying the pears on their sides to cook.
- Cover and cook until pears are very tender. Low takes about 4 to 5 hours, or high about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve with syrup. They're great over ice cream, with angel food cake, or garnished with nuts.