Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole
Take a bit out of this Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole containing a tasty cornbread and juicy sloppy joe mixture. Hope you brought napkins!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 6.5-oz box cornbread mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat cook beef and onion until brown, about 7 minutes. Drain oil and discard. Add diced tomatoes, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and ground mustard. Bring to a boil. Pour into a square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together cornbread mix, milk, oil, and egg.
- Spoon cornbread over the meat mixture and top with cheese. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Make sure the cornbread is cooked all the way through by testing with a toothpick. Make mini sloppy joe casseroles by cooking these in muffin tins. So fun!