Sesame Crusted Tuna Steak
Crunchy, smoky sesame gets a zesty kick from lemon juice and ginger on this hearty seared tuna steak that brings layers of flavor to any dish.
- 4 tuna steaks
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs mirin
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 4 tbs sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice, mirin, ginger, and sesame oil. Add this to a zip top bag, then put the tuna steaks in the bag.
- Squeeze out as much air as you can, then let marinate for 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Prepare a high heat grill. We're only searing these steaks, so we want to move hot and fast.
- Pour the sesame seeds into a shallow bowl or plate. Press the steaks into the sesame seeds.
- Grill for about 1 minute per side to get a nice crust while leaving the center pink.